Home > What`s New > Press Release
|Subject||G-PASS Designation Ceremony for the Fourth Quarter of 2018|
|Division||International Cooperation Division|
26 companies added to the list of G-PASS
In 2018, totally 80 new firms designated as G-PASS for advancing into the overseas procurement markets
□ PPS handed out certificates of G-PASS designation to the newly selected 26 firms (totally 80 in 2018) at the PPS Hall of the PPS Seoul regional office on September 27, 2018.
* G-PASS(Government Performance ASSured) Company : Small or middle-standing firms with excellent technologies to advance into the overseas procurement markets
□ G-PASS designation initiated in 2013 with 95 firms and quarterly designated, suming up to 538 as of now.
○ 26 newly selected G-PASS firms have been recognized for their potential in the overseas markets including 10 Government Supply Firms, and ventures and start-ups like TL-Industry Inc.
○ In particular, many business projects were implemented in 2018 such as the export strategy promotion project, 192 overseas procurement markets data, and issuance of English performance certificate, leading to a rise in export performance by G-PASS firms from 580 thousand dollars last year to above 700 thousand dollars this year.
□ Plus, as the UN procurement market, worth KRW 20 trillion, will be its main focus next year, exchange of successful cases and support of writing soliciations are planned.
○ Because the export strategy promotion project which provides a 1:1 matching service between procurement firms and overseas buyers yielded some fruit this year, the beneficiaries will be doubled from 10 to 20 next year.
□ Director General for Planning and Coordination, Mr. Myeongki Baek, stressed "Advancing into the overseas procurement markets will revitalize our economy in large part.
○ He added "Procurement firms with excellent technologies and willingness will be strategically supported for their success in overseas procurement markets.
* Inquiry: International Cooperation Division, Deputy Director, Mr. Kyungwon Lee(+82-42-724-7521)